Our week was okay, all issues thought of. I really celebrated my thirty eighth birthday yesterday (see extra on that beneath) and felt loads of love. Ryan was touring (he returns at present) however we chatted a number of occasions a day and I crammed my week with common child commitments and in addition managed to get in some high quality time with buddies within the type of lengthy walks (my favourite technique to catch up!) and my girlfriends additionally came visiting and stunned me with presents and playing cards and treats after the boys had been in mattress on Tuesday night time.
I’m prepared for the weekend forward (plans embody a fishing derby and two soccer video games) and hope to search out my approach again into extra common running a blog subsequent week. Thanks for being right here.
Issues I’m Loving Friday
As I discussed above, my birthday was Thursday and it’s type of loopy to suppose I’m 38 years previous. In a single breath, I positively don’t really feel 22 anymore however in one other breath 38 looks like a real grownup, a real grown up. Once I take a step again and take into consideration how I’m feeling at 38, the previous 2 weeks of grief not withstanding, I’d say I’m feeling extra complicated but extra snug with myself. I really feel extra complicated in that there’s a lot extra I take into consideration that weighs on my coronary heart day-after-day however I’m extra snug with who I’m, what I need out of life, who I encompass myself with and the household Ryan and I’ve created collectively. That is truthfully one thing I’ll write a weblog submit about as a result of I’ve loads of ideas about “rising up” after you’re “grown up” however I’ll save these ideas for an additional day.
As for my birthday, I spent it with our boys. (Ryan was really out of city on a piece journey however despatched flowers and labored on playing cards and surprises for me with the boys that he hid earlier than he left which made me smile.) I used to be presupposed to make my technique to Patterson Farms with the boys’ preschool for a day of strawberry choosing yesterday however the climate derailed our plans so we pivoted and crammed the remainder of our day with wet day enjoyable: Board video games, do-it-yourself ice cream, early pajama time and tales. It was a relaxed, uneventful day nevertheless it was additionally a superb day.
It’s been a sizzling second since I’ve discovered myself as obsessive about a collection as I’ve turn out to be with the A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) collection. It’s an exceptional mix of fantasy, drama, humor and romance (it’s steamyyy) and even though the second and third books within the collection are dictionary-size novels, I flew by way of them and didn’t discover one single web page or chapter tedious or mundane. I beloved each web page and really chapter and am attempting to pull out the fourth e-book within the collection as a result of I don’t need the expertise of studying these books to be over. I do know I discussed the primary e-book on this weblog a number of weeks in the past however I can solely say the collection explodes and will get SO MUCH BETTER as you retain going. In the event you’re on the fence about this collection, give it a shot and by the second e-book, I’ve a sense you’ll be all-in on this one, too. I don’t wish to share plot summaries concerning the second and third books within the collection as a result of it could give away an excessive amount of however know my scores for each the second and third books could be a stable A. Love, love, love them. These books have actually been a present for me particularly throughout a time after I’ve wanted an escape and a bit spark of pleasure in my life on the finish of the day.
It’s been 4 months since we moved into our new house and I’m so, so completely satisfied to report we lastly have grass. I can not let you know how thrilled we’re to have grass in our yard as a substitute of messy purple clay, particularly with three very outdoorsy boys who virtually reside outdoors. We anticipated to have grass a very long time in the past however an unseasonably moist winter saved delaying issues. The timing of our grass appeared to coincide with hotter temperatures and sunny spring climate so we’re past thrilled to have a yard with comfortable, lush grass the place our boys can play for hours and hours.
Our earlier house had a small yard on a big slope so it wasn’t ideally suited, although our boys one hundred pc thrived in our earlier yard and spent hours on the lookout for slugs and worms below the entire rocks. An enormous a part of the explanation we bought the lot we did was for the flat yard and lake entry. House is the place we’re all happiest and Ryan and I stated having grass down and the power to really take pleasure in our yard and land is pushing us into “Part 2” of our transfer into our new house: The surface period! We’re prepared for it!
Isn’t it bizarre how you end up gravitating towards sure music relying in your temper or what you’re going by way of in life? Elton John is my man proper now. I grew up listening to his music due to my mother and father however one thing about his music is touchdown completely for me proper now. It’s not too loopy or intense. It’s not too upbeat or completely satisfied. It’s additionally not too miserable or unhappy. It’s only a good mix of nostalgic, comforting, lovely and peaceable.
A couple of weeks in the past I bought a make-up bag with adhesive letters on it for my buddy Laurel when she came around. I really wished it to have numbers on it however the little boutique I visited didn’t have any numbers obtainable. (My thought was for her bag to have the room variety of the room we shared in our sorority home — Room 12 foreverrr!) Anyway, all of this lead me to finally Google to see if I might discover adhesive numbers which then led me to discovering a mega-pack of those adhesive letter stickers. I rapidly realized I might purchase a bunch of them to make use of for future presents and tasks. I can see these being good for birthday presents (a mini backpack or purse for a bit lady), make-up luggage, trainer presents, mini tote luggage, pool luggage and extra. This discovery had me a bit too giddy (I’ve already made two makeup bags for girlfriends you may even see above) and am excited to proceed to place them to make use of for enjoyable personalised gifting!
Under you will see a recap of the highest 10 hottest weblog posts and your prime 10 favourite objects from April 2023. Hopefully this can enable you to uncover some weblog posts you could have missed or enable you to simply find an merchandise I’ve talked about previously that obtained buried in weblog/social media mayhem.
High 10 Weblog Posts:
Your High 10 Favorites:
- TUL Pens (No lie, one other pack of those pens was one among solely two objects I had on my birthday “want listing” when my mother and sister requested me what I wished for my birthday. These pens have formally claimed the “greatest pen ever” spot on my semi-ridiculous listing of pens I really like.)
- Beauty By Earth Sunless Tanning Lotion (Clear components, applies like lotion, appears pure and doesn’t odor. My fav!)
- Diamond Painting Stickers (These had been within the massive youngsters’ Easter baskets this yr and so they’ve been a success.)
- Amazon Free People Dupe Jumpsuit (The crazy-comfy jumpsuit that appears similar to Free Folks’s Sizzling Shot Jumpsuit!)
- Biggie Beads (I really like what number of of our children are obsessive about these items now! Our boys ask to do them on a regular basis.)
- Elk & Friends Glass Cups with Silicone Sleeves (The cups we obtained the boys for Easter. Dishwasher secure and the blue/grey/inexperienced coloration set we obtained was lastly restocked once more.)
- Amber Glass Soap Dispensers (The dish and hand cleaning soap dispensers we have now in our kitchen. They’re lovely and have held up very well — no corrosion! — within the 4+ months we’ve had them.)
- Instant Pot Air Fryer (Our countertop air fryer! We actually use this a number of occasions every week.)
- Dr. Brand Liquid Sun Shield (The sunscreen I put on on my face each single day. I swear it features virtually like a primer, too, and makes my make-up look higher after I apply make-up on prime of it. Additionally price noting: It additionally has zero white forged!)
- AGOLDE Parker Jean Shorts (I don’t know why these popped up as a greatest vendor since I blogged about them so way back however possibly an previous weblog submit gained traction someplace on the web and so they obtained some consideration? Regardless of the motive, I stand by these as the perfect jean shorts, particularly when you have a booty and hips.)
Easy BBQ Meatloaf (This recipe will endlessly remind me of our engagement/early marriage days as a result of it was a recipe I made on repeat 10+ years in the past. It continues to be a fav in our home!)
Chocolate Chia Seed Protein Pudding (Aka what I had for breakfast 3x this week!)
Query of the Day
How are you doing? I’d like to know. Something thrilling occurring in your life? Any enjoyable summer season plans on the horizon?