You would say we have now a factor for pasta right here at Camille Kinds. From lengthy spaghetti noodles to enjoyable and funky cavatappi to layered pasta bakes, the choices are countless. My strategy to pasta is easy: let each the season and pantry spark my creativeness and encourage a bit of magic. Whereas I really like pulling out all of the stops, I additionally know that components needs to be allowed to shine as they’re. And that, pricey readers, is why we’re right here—to speak about this lemon ricotta pasta recipe that has turn out to be one among my weeknight go-to meals.
One in all my favourite pasta recipes is that this dish impressed by the spaghetti alla nerano from Stanley Tucci’s Discovering Italy. A couple of weeks again, I discovered myself with some subpar zucchini behind my vegetable drawer. Considering again to the flavors of that dish, I needed to see if I might improve my zucchini right into a silky clean sauce, brightened up with just a few additional components I had available. And identical to that, this magical lemon ricotta pasta was born. Sure—all due to a zucchini.
Our Prime 10 Recipes
Signal as much as obtain a FREE E-BOOK of my prime 10 hottest recipes of all time!
Thanks for Signing Up!
Seems such as you’re already signed up or your e mail handle is invalid.
Seems such as you unsubscribed earlier than click on right here to resubscribe.
The Present-Stopping Substances
Zucchini. Zucchini is the key star of this recipe, including an additional dose of greens with out anybody ever figuring out.
Ricotta. Creamy and silky, it provides a pleasant richness and clings to the noodles completely. Use the full-fat model, at all times.
Lemons. Lemon pasta is at all times a favourite combo of mine. The lemon brightens up the flavors on this recipe.
Onions and garlic. The bottom of all good issues: aromatics.
Artichokes. Whereas non-compulsory, I like including one thing briny to associate up with the lemon. It retains each chew attention-grabbing.
Kale. I’m all about including greens to my pasta. If I’m going to eat my greens, I would as nicely eat them alongside some carby goodness, proper? The kale offers this pasta a pleasant heartiness. Plus, it’s a great way to make use of up any wilting greens you might need.
Noodles. I really like a bucatini, however use any pasta form you favor.
Ideas for Success
I do know: nowhere on this recipe’s title does it point out that zucchini performs a key function. However earlier than you assume I’ve tricked you, sit tight. Simply as some individuals wish to sneak zucchini into their smoothies (yep, it’s a factor), I like hiding it in my pasta. Why? As a result of zucchini has this magical capability to soften down when cooked. And naturally, I really like discovering methods to include extra veggies into my meals (see: inexperienced sauce pasta). Bonus: this methods provides some heft to the lemon ricotta sauce.
Finely chop a bunch of zucchini and toss it in along with your oil and aromatics. Let it cook dinner coated, squishing down the zucchini each couple of minutes till you find yourself with a clean sauce-like texture. Add the ricotta and lemon and stir right into a thick sauce that may cling to each noodle. I just like the zucchini right here as a result of it provides this refined sweetness when cooked down that helps stability out the lemon’s acidity and the richness of the ricotta. Belief me, if you happen to’re making an attempt to sneak in veggies—for you or your choosy eaters—when you be taught this trick, you’ll by no means return.
The right way to Make This Lemon Ricotta Pasta Your Personal
Whereas I stayed easy with artichokes and kale, there are many choices for customizing this recipe with what you’ve gotten available.
- Use any greens you want. Spinach, frozen or recent, or perhaps a huge handful of chopped basil on the finish.
- Whereas I caught with simply kale and artichokes, you possibly can additionally add peas, asparagus, chopped zucchini, leeks, and even some cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Toss in a little bit of pesto for an herby kick with the sauce. (This vegan pesto could be excellent.)
- I desire a protracted noodle with the sauce to maintain it easy, however ziti or cavatappi may have all these crevices for the sauce to sneak into, so use what you’ve gotten.
Whereas I like consuming this pasta by itself, it will be scrumptious served up alongside salmon or with a recent inexperienced salad.
Extra Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Nonetheless on the lookout for inspiration? These recipes have you ever coated.
Camille’s Lemony Spring Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Primavera
Miso Tomato Pasta
Scroll on for the recipe, and if you happen to make this lemon ricotta pasta, make sure to depart a ranking and remark beneath!
A simple weeknight pasta recipe full of recent spring taste.
- 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 massive shallot or 1/2 small yellow onion
- 3 small inexperienced zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup complete milk ricotta
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup artichokes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1/2 pound pasta of selection per individual (I used bucatini)
- Sauce. To make the sauce, add just a few tablespoons of oil to a big range prime pan and convey to a medium warmth. Add the shallot with a big pinch of salt, and cook dinner for a couple of minute. Add the zucchini, with a pinch extra salt, pepper, and pink pepper flakes if desired. Cowl and cook dinner for about 10-Quarter-hour, stirring each jiffy and squashing down the zucchini because it softens so it “melts” right into a sauce. As soon as the zucchini is softened and mashed, add the ricotta and lemon juice. Stir to mix. Put aside whilst you cook dinner the pasta.
- Pasta. Prepare dinner the pasta in line with the package deal instructions. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Meeting. Add the kale and artichokes to the ricotta sauce, then add about 1/2 cup of pasta water to the sauce to skinny barely. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to mix, including extra pasta water if wanted.
- Serve. Serve sizzling and prime with further lemon juice and herbs if desired.
- Prep Time: Quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Italian